Everyone has their own unique breast size and shape so when we are bra shopping, it should be easy to pair a cup size and a band size together and buy a bra. Simple right? Not so much.
Sister sizes are additional bra size options available to you and your unique size and shape based on cup and band size equivalents. These are sizes which have an equivalent cup capacity, even though the letter of the cup size is different. This means a 34DD could also welcome trying a 36D (up a band size, down a cup size) or 32DDD/F (down a band size, up a cup size).
Not all sizes are equal. Many believe, the larger the cup size, the larger the bra size. For example a 34D is larger than a 36C. This is not always the case. In the design process, the same capacity bra cup may be paired with different cup sizes and different band sizes. For example, a 34D cup capacity can be paired with a 32DD or 36C, 38B, & 40A. Furthermore, as the band size increases, the cup size capacity increases even though the letter does not. In other words the band width & cup capacity of a 34B is smaller than the band width & cup capacity of a 36B.
Trust us-sister sizes work!
Many of us can get a little discouraged when trying on bras that don’t seem to fit quite right, please don’t worry, always consider your sister size options.
Helpful Hints to find your Sister Size
- Try the band size up & cup size down if cups fit but your rib cage band is too tight…34D to a 36C
- Try the band size down & cup size up if your cups fit but your rib cage band feels loose…….34D to a 32DD
- Try the cup size up & band size down if the band fits, but your breasts are spilling out of the cups…. 34D to a 32DD
- Try the cup size down & band size up if the band fits, but your breasts are not filling the cups…34D… 36C
- Try the cup size up & band size up if both band & cups are feeling too small….34D to a 36D and check what possible sister sizes are equivalent
- Try the cup size down & band size down if both band & cups are feeling too big….34D to a 32D and check what possible sister sizes are equivalent
Knowing your sister size options will give you even more confidence to find a bra that works best for you. Give our Sister Size Calculator a try, it’s a really helpful tool that can bring more options and choices your way when bra shopping.